endeavors

Saturday, December 31, 2005

I am converting Buffy fanatics one person at a time. Or, should I say, "one by one". Which is a call back to the Remainders show, so if you didn't see it, then that's a dumb reference. Ok, fine, it's kind of a dumb reference even if you did see it. I digress. Greg borrowed all of my seasons, and I now have Faith watching them. We pretty much haven't left the couch all afternoon. The past two days have been great!

It started with the Remainders show. We had fun. Granted, the show wasn't really deep or mind blowing, but our song work was good, and we had amazing group mind. Which is not something we had in great quantities in L4. Then we went to Denny's because I was starving. Bill and Greg hadn't showed up yet, but I suggested we order anyways because I was so hungry. I got a ranch chicken melt with an upgrade to seasoned fries. I owed Jeff two of said fries b/c he correctly guessed Denny's was on the south west corner of the intersection. Oh, if your license plate is OMG LOL, Jeff and I contemplated slashing your tires. Bill and Greg arrive and order, and everyone's food comes out. Everyone except mine. They forgot. I get my sandwich when everyone else is pretty much done eating. But that's fine, the company was great. I take Jeff home and hang out with the boys for a bit, re-hashing the show. It was much fun! Reminiscent of this summer, when we were in a troupe together. Something I missed a ton. Then went back to Bill's b/c people were hanging out @ his place. I took him to the airport at around 5:30 in the morning. OK, so here's a sliver of how cool Bill Binder is. Other than him being a ninja for a month. Other than him being the most talented improviser I know. Other than the two arcade games in his living room. People just hang out at his place. They stayed after we left for the airport. And that happens a lot. People come and go as they please from his place. Anyway, so I went back to bed for a few hours. Woke up, talked Jesus with Faith for 2 hours, got a massage, then watched Elektra. Not Netflixed, just something Faith borrowed from her mom. It was a fun movie that makes me want to work out every day. Jennifer Garner seems to have that effect on me.

Then, Faith gave me a heads up that we were going someplace in the middle of the night. She wouldn't tell me what or where, just that it was around 3 am. I said as long as it didn't involve a ritual sacrifice, I trusted her. Then I wasted 2 hours and 57 minutes watching the abomination described below. Sleep for a couple of hours, then get up to go to the surprise. She tells me to pack my camera. We get in the car. Now, I love Tempe at night. It is so beautiful--everything all lit up. We're on University and we drive by Mill.

"Oh, WOW!!! Look at all the lights in the trees. That's gorgeous!"
"Yeah, that's where we're supposed to go...except everything's roped off!"

Faith is very upset by this. She brought me to Mill in the middle of the night so we could get some shots w/o people or traffic (how great is my roommate?!!), but because of New Year's Eve, everything was roped off. There were police out and the vendors were already setting up. We couldn't even park and walk. She was so sad. It was really sweet. Anyway, since we were up, we decided to watch 2 more Buffy episodes. Went to bed at 5, got up at 10 for Lolo's. The majority of the Phoenix improvisers got together this morning for breakfast. It was awesome! Except that an exact replay of Denny's happened. They forgot my food. This time I was too annoyed to wait for them to make more. Plus, everyone was done eating. So I had some of Michelle's and bitched about it for 20 minutes.

Then Faith and I ran some errands, I dyed my hair, and we've been watching Buffy ever since. Except for the food incidents, this has been the most perfect 48 hours. I've been able to spend some great time with some fantastic friends. I've had great conversations and got to perform with some incredibly talented people. If this is any indication of how 2006 is going to go, then I'm in for a fabulous year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home