endeavors

Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm back!! I've been without computer access for a week now, and so that's why that depressing post was left up for so long. I have all sorts of things to say, but I'm too distracted by the events of the evening. I was walking into my new apartment after a night of hanging with friends, and I noticed a weird orangey light coming from the building behind my new complex. At first I thought it was just a Halloween light, until I got closer and the windows blew out. That's when I called 911. The whole room was completely enflamed. And what's worse is that it was the second story of an apartment building, which means several places are going to get damaged, as opposed to just one. 911 connected me to the fire department, and I gave them the address of my complex. But this apartment was in another complex, so I just told them it was on the north side. Just then a little security guy was patrolling the area.

"Hey, do you see what I see?"
"Uh, yeah."
"Well, get over there."

He sped off. As I walked back to my place, some party-goers were coming outside for fresh air.

"Um, do you guys know the address of the building over there?"
"No, why?" says a girl dressed like french maid.
"Because it is totally on fire."

We walk back over and a guy climbs the wall. He sees the security guard and we can hear the fire department on their way. I hope everyone got out okay. I want to wake up Faith and Karen and hug them. For some reason, this really shook me up. Partly because I just left a place that had a candle in a pumpkin that was imploding. So I called to have the candle blown out. I've had to call 911 one other time in my life, and it was this year. Neither experience was fun.

However, I am able to see God in everything now. And this is where He was tonight. I was home for about 15 minutes this evening before leaving again. I mentioned to Faith that I needed to have the address of our place because I didn't know it. So I wrote it down on a sticky and took it with me. There was no reason for me to do that tonight. I didn't need the address at all. And why on earth did I take it with me? Why didn't I leave it upstairs by my computer, where I would need it for tomorrow? Well, because He knew there would be a fire, and I would need the address to report it. That just blows me away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home