endeavors

Sunday, September 18, 2005

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately--and listening--about my move. I was planning on using some vacation time from Evil Star to go to LA to get a manager/voice agent set up before pilot season. Now that I have a new job, I don't want to take time off the first couple of months. So there's no reason for me to be out there January 1 if I'm not going to be able to audition for PS.

I'm also getting involved in some things in Phoenix that I want to see through to the end. For one, the Phoenix Improv Festival. It's not 'til April, and I have a meeting tonight. It was sort of like, if I'm only going to be able to volunteer for 3 months and not during the actual festival, what's the point? So why not stay through the festival and really be able to get involved.

Then there's church. I've started going to a bible study that meets for the next 10 weeks. One of the leaders suggested that I put off the church membership classes until later so I could complete this study, which is about laying the foundation. Exactly what I need as a new Christian and someone not raised in a Christian household. Being a member of this church is really important to me. Because for the first time in my life, I'm doing this because I want to. Not because someone is making me. But having this foundation...understanding the Bible and the Christian way...that's even more important to me. So I may not become a member for a while.

And now there's a project with Michelle. I was praying for guidance and direction the other day on my way home from work, and literally less than five minutes later I read an email from Michelle proposing a project right along the lines of something I've wanted to do for years now. It was the most amazing thing! I had a meeting with her last night, and we talked about my commitment to her and my move to LA--among a million other things.

So all of this stuff is happening that I feel is keeping me here. At least for a little while longer. Maybe after Easter, after the PIF, after the book, maybe then is my time for LA. But, you know what, I'm okay with the fact that I may never make it there. I love AZ so much, and I would be perfectly content living my life here. Continuing with improv, continuing with the church, continuing the occasional indie film. Ideally, when zha graduates, I'll just do his movies (which are going to be studied in schools, I can tell already) and be able to live here. We'll see. I'm open to anything. I honestly won't be disappointed if LA never works out. And there was a time when I couldn't say that. I love what I'm doing, I love my friends, I love all the improv I'm involved in. On the other hand, I'd be okay leaving it all if that's what I'm called to do.

For right now, though, I'm keeping my eyes and my heart open. To whatever You have in store for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home