endeavors

Monday, July 25, 2005

Had an almost scary moment at work today. I spend half of my time researching and processing claims, and the other half on the phone answering questions to members. Most of the questions are stupid. Sometimes it's really sad b/c these people have no money and their IRP claim is going to determine whether or not they can keep their house. Sometimes I'll get a horribly angry person on the other end who didn't read their SPD and want to know why their claim is being denied. A few times I've been threatened. Now, I don't take these seriously, but we still have to report them. "I'm going to run my car into your building" just doesn't have clout coming from someone on the other side of the country. But, in this day and age, you still have to be careful.

Today I got a call from Gail in the front office to let me know a member was downstairs and wanted to see me. Um, why didn't she call or write? What on earth does she need in person from me? I'm not by a computer if I come downstairs, so I can't answer any questions. Was I even allowed to go down there? So I grabbed my manager and we went down together. I don't know what Patty would have done if this woman had pulled a gun and shot me. Well, it turns out that she just had a doctor's note to drop off and she lived down the street so she decided to stop by. All worry for nothing.

Still haven't mown the lawn. Bad House Sitter. Bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home