endeavors

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blood Rage

Oh, my goodness...I try not to let my job get to me. Sometimes I speak w/ people who are incredibly upset or angry. Most of the time I can handle it. Not right now, though. My face is flushed; my hands are tingling. I just got off the phone with a woman who screamed bloody murder in my ear using words that would make sailors blush. She told me I lied to her about when she would receive her payment. If there's anything in the world I hate, it's being accused of lying. Plus I had just talked to her two days ago and remember the conversation almost verbatim. I was trying very hard to remain calm, but the people around me could tell I was burning. For the first time since I've been at this position, I was short with a member. I told her she needed to calm down, and my tone wasn't exactly friendly. When the call was over, I was complimented with how I handled the situation; but that still doesn't change what she said to me and what I feel right now.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

At least I have a show to look forward to tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home