endeavors

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I needed to leave for work 15 minutes ago, but I can't seem to pull myself away from the computer. So yesterday at work, after I've been there for two hours, Cassy says, "Oh, so I got a new ring." For Valentine's Day her boyfriend bought her a fabulous three diamond ring that she wears on her right hand. They have a beautiful little boy and are planning on getting married next year, but nothing's official. So I look at the rock on her hand.

"That is SO not a "new ring", that is an "engagement ring" and requires that you tell the story behind it!"

I love how casual she was about the whole thing. It looks a lot like her V-Day gift, but bigger. And on her left hand. Bradley picked it out all by himself. Sigh, what a great guy. So the story is, he woke her up at 3 in the morning to ask. How flippin' cute is that!?! He couldn't even wait until the next day. I wonder if he had something planned, but was too excited and needed to do it right away? I wonder if he was laying in bed awake the whole night and just couldn't stand it anymore.

I was walking into Basha's the other day and saw a really old couple. I want that, but am afraid I will never have it. Not with the career I've chosen. I feel selfish sometimes. Like I want too many things all at once, and I'll end up with nothing. If I could give up Dream A, I could have Dream B. Tosha did that, but it's b/c she realized she wanted Dream B more. I miss the companionship. The closeness. The sharing of self. I miss the cuddling. I think that's why I'm so touchyfeely. Luckily most everyone I know is the same.

Ugh, I need to get to work. I hope this morning doesn't start off with yelling and threatening of lawsuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home