endeavors

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The best of all days.

It started out with a phone call at work. I was calling a member back who had left a message. Now the hip thing is to have a personalized ringer. So instead of hearing the buzzing of a digital ring, a woman with a very pleasing voice comes on and says, "Please enjoy this music as we connect your call." So I'm expecting elevator music or something. Nope. It's the Ying Yang Twins with "Get Low". Ah, what a great contrast. Then my day gets even better. Brandey mentioned going to LA this weekend to see the improv fest at IO West. I have been talking with zha a lot lately and I'm really excited about being out there. So I email the JesterZ to see if anyone wants to go with me. It's too far for me to drive by myself, I would fall asleep. So far I have one taker, which means I'm going to LA this weekend!! I'm so excited I could pee. I spend the rest of the day emailing people and looking stuff up online. I got absolutely no work done, and we just had a meeting about how far behind certain departments are (not mine) and how we have mandatory overtime for the next two weeks. But I'm going to LA! I will be here and I will get to see these people. And him. I would be writing in all caps so you get the feel for how flippin' excited I am, but all caps annoys me.

Speaking of improv, I had this amazing moment with Faith last night. Michelle and I were trying to get her to say "absolutely not" in a scene (it was our objective). Michelle got her to say "absolutely" and "not", but with lots of stuff in between. The energy was high and it was loud. She was so close it was almost unbearable. Michelle had done a great job of setting everything up to this point. So I take Faith's hands, look her directly in the eyes, and say (very calmly), "Faith, did you bite my shin?" "Absolutely not." It was brilliant! And I'm doing a crummy job of explaining it. Hmmm...I guess it was sort of this very centering moment amid the chaos of the room. Anyway, I loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home