endeavors

Monday, December 27, 2004

Yesterday was a little crazy. I woke up with the beginnings of a cold. Some people get gifts for Christmas, I apparently get sick. So I took it easy most of the day. Paul volunteered to take me out for dinner, which I declined. That goes to show how sick I was. I watched Alias Season One, Disk One on DVD. My latest Netflix rental. Did laundry all day, talked to the folks. Nothing big until right before I had to leave to pick up a friend from the airport. Now, I had been feeling progressively worse throughout the day, and the Sudafed I took made no difference. Or, maybe it did and I could have felt even worse. Right before I left to pick up Cassy, Brad, and Ethan, I was ironing. I stopped ironing and put the iron on the counter. Near my keys. Then I went to the computer to make a payment on my visa card. I noticed my checking account was $200 short. That may not seem like a lot to most people, but to a struggling actress, $200 is pretty much all that was in there. I looked at my account history and found the problem. See, at the beginning of October I deposited the money from the wedding I shot. Unfortunately, it was cash. But because I had other problems with deposits, I saved my slip. Well, a few weeks went by and the deposit never showed. So I went to the bank and they had to do a whole thing. Basically they credited my account the money. I have a claim number and everything. But then on Christmas, they took the $200 out. I'm not sure why. I get to spend the next hour on the phone trying to figure that out. Needless to say, I almost puked when I saw my account balance. Plus, I was sure I had thrown away that receipt since it was taken care of almost two months ago. Well, now I'm late to pick up Cassy, but I'm determined to find this deposit slip. I tear the place up and finally find it. Whew. I grab my keys and burn my hand on the hot iron. I can't find our huge vat of aloe, so I just run it under water. It was sort of like watching a comedy of errors. From going through every paper I could get my hands on to an inch long raised mark on my hand. We had spent most of the day cleaning, and I was able to trash it in about 10 minutes.

Then I woke up feeling even worse than I did yesterday. So I called off work--something I never do. On top of all of this, I am drinking a ridiculous amount of water. They say keep yourself hydrated when you're sick. Well, I'm running out of toilet paper. I've had a little more than 60 ounces, and I've only been out of bed for 4 hours. But the medicine is making me thirsty.

On the plus side, I did finally get to watch The Life of David Gale. I think Kate Winslet is one of the greatest actresses of all time, and forthcoming will be a post about that. Until then, I will continue to rub Vaseline all over my nose. And pee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home