endeavors

Friday, December 24, 2004

Well, the email is fixed. In my rage yesterday, I forgot to mention some good news.

For the past two months I have been taking an improv comedy class. It started out with an audition before I left for a wedding in Ohio back in October. (BTW, Ohio is now covered in FEET of snow. I absolutely do NOT miss that.) I felt the audition went well, but I was only there because I wanted to take the beginning and advanced class. I knew eventually I'd be auditioning for the troupe, so this was sort of to see how their auditions were set up. The long way to go about getting into the Jesterz is to take the beginning class, the advanced, then they can offer the advance again for half price. This would take about 8 months. They said they'd call us by the end of the week no matter what to discuss our audition. They also said they would be offering the advanced class to those they felt could handle it. Super! The classes are $250 for 8 wks, so that would save me some money. Well, the week passed and we went to Ohio. I never got a call. Now, you are NEVER supposed to call back after an audition. It's a law. But, they said they would and they didn't, so I did. Mainly because when I first moved out here I auditioned for a show. My audition was great, so I was surprised and disappointed when I didn't hear back. I got a call from the AD during their first rehearsal asking where I was. So because of that, I thought maybe they forgot to call me. I finally got a hold of the director, and he asked if my roommates had given me the message. I have A roommate. Not several.

"Oh. Then some random house of four people got my message."

I was invited to join the advanced class. For half price. This is great! However, there were other people in the advanced class who had gone through the other classes. So, politically they had a leg up on me. The class was great, and I had so much fun. Paul, my aunt & uncle, and some friends came to see our showcase. (My sister did not because she is a punk) They loved it. Now, the showcase is also an audition for the performance level.

Yesterday at work I got a call from Jef to discuss the class and what the Jesterz would like me to do next. It turns out I made it to Level 3 Performance. Which means Thursday @ 8 and Friday @ 10 I get to do a show! I am so effing excited! Merry Christmas to me! Rehearsals begin in January and performances follow shortly after. He only asked 2 to move on, and I was one of them. So if you're ever in the area, stop by and watch a show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home