endeavors

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Wow. And I mean Wow. Arizona sure knows how to throw a good monsoon. We had 10 minutes left in rehearsal tonight, and the director wanted to run part of another act. Which means we would have gone at least 15 minutes over. Then some guy comes in and asks for towels (by the way, the show is at a church), and people want to go out and see the rain and then we realize the church is leaking. All over the electrical equipment. Needless to say, we ended there and ran around trying to dry things off and find buckets. It was pouring outside. Like rain I've never seen. Now, it rains a lot in Dayton, but not like this. Arizona gets their year's worth in a couple of days. And the lightning. Wow. I've never seen anything like it. It's not a single chord that touches down. It branches out like blind fingers. I get to drive through this. It's so bright. I felt like I was driving through a club with strobes. And there are blue trails in my vision. I wondered what it's like when lightning strikes. Then I thought of Sweet Home Alabama. Be careful what you wish for. On the other side of the road, lightning hit the ground and a light pole. There were huge sparks, then everything went dark. I thought I was going to throw up. I've never been that close to something so powerful, and I never want to be that close again. The whole ride home I thought I would die. As I pass the airport, I see a plane ascending. If I were on that plane, I would be curled up in a ball with my ears plugged crying. The lightning just got worse. I had a bit of a headache when I finally made it home, and my stomach is just now untangling. Paul is watching a movie with J, and I was kind of hoping they would be here. I just don't feel like being alone right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home