endeavors

Thursday, April 04, 2002

Lately I've been singing the I'm-not-loving-my-job blues. Things have been going wrong. And I'm a perfectionist when it comes to work. No matter what it is. If I deliver pizzas, if I deliver babies. I have to be the best. So to be making mistakes on things that are not completely my fault (seeing as I was never officially trained) is incredibly frustrating. And so another job has presented an opportunity for me. But today I was helping this old man do some family reunion photos on the copy print station, and he made my day. He told me I was the best sales person he'd met, and if there was a tip jar, he'd be leaving a tip. I wanted to hug him. And of course, no one heard it. Except me. And you know, that's all that really matters. We'll see how this other job situation pans out, but today wasn't so hateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home