endeavors

Saturday, March 30, 2002

The Shawshank Redemption is by far the best movie ever made. I cry harder each time I see Brooks carve his name into the wall before he tips the table. And the next scene with the Italian Opera. And the incredible writing. The words of the narrative of Red. And I miss my friend. I wish we were watching this together. And I cried harder. And the ending. Oh God. It's beautiful. Hope. Above all things. Hope. Don't think about the fact that you don't have a job yet. Don't think about your broken heart and the bills that won't stop. Dont' think about the future that is beginning to terrify you. Or the fighting at home.

"There's something inside that they can't get to, that they can't touch. It's yours."
"What are you talking about?"
"Hope."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home