endeavors

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In my hotmail account I had a folder which contained emails Justin and I sent to each other while we were dating. I didn't delete it after we broke up--7 months ago. I never read them. They were just there. I'm not sure why. I know why I started the folder a year ago. Some of the emails were super funny. Some were getting-to-know-each-other questions. I thought that if this worked out, those would be fun to look back on and re-read at some point.

Next week is PIF. He'll be there. It'll be the first time seeing him since Labor Day. We emailed a bit last week--very friendly. I had been having some anxiety--would it be weird/would we not speak/etc. But being able to joke around in the emails was refreshing. I feel like I can honestly be his friend without any crap attached.

I guess I'm finally ready to let go. It's not that I was hoping we'd get back together. Actually, when I move to Austin, it'd be nice if he was with someone or married or something so that wouldn't even be an issue. But I suppose some part of me was not willing to admit defeat.

Today I deleted that folder. I'm not gonna lie--I'm a little sad. I read a few of them and remembered. It was good. *He* was good. But really, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

Moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home