endeavors

Monday, February 26, 2007

I am beat down. This weekend was muchos fun, and I was not ready to come back to work today. I was supposed to be in at 6, but at 7 I finally got out of bed. Faith asked why I didn't call in sick (I am sick, but mainly just very tired). I told her at my job, calling in sick means only working 8 hours instead of 10. I'm starting to see Mike, my personal trainer, again. Although what I *really* want to do tonight is go to bed as soon as I get off work.

When I'm super tired, emotions are much more raw. I got a phone call last night from the same person several times. My phone was acting all weird (i sorta dropped it in some pizza dipping sauce) and I couldn't take calls. It said CAR KIT on the main screen. I tried plugging in a headset to see if that would work. It did not. But I could text. So I asked if everything was okay. He said yes, but to call him. He then called me about three more times. I CAN'T FRIGGIN ANSWER MY PHONE!!! IF YOU ARE DEAD OR DYING, PLEASE SEND ME A TEXT! I text Faith to see if she's at her mom's house so I can drive over there and use her phone. She says yes. I get into my car and plug my phone in, just to see if that would work. It's not like it was low on batteries, though. For some reason, that helped. (I had also tried removing the battery and powering down the phone) I called him. "What's Caroline's phone number?"

Are you kidding??! That's all you needed?!? I haven't slept in two days and am completely freaking out that something is wrong as you CONTINUE to call me, knowing I couldn't answer my phone. I can look back on it and laugh today, but last night I just about cried from pure exhaustion.

In other news, Sarah, my AllTimeFavoriteBoss has resigned. Her last day will be 03.09.07. Friday was a really emotional day. She pulled a few people into her office to tell them before the rumors started going. She was recruited for another position, and this is an answer to her prayers. I mean, she wasn't even looking for another job, and this fell into her lap. Selfishly, I am incredibly sad to see her go. Other than that, I'm way happy for her. This left me in a pickle about telecommuting, as she was the person who started the program in the first place. We talked about it, and she said she would mention my concerns to Tom on Monday. Which she did. Tom said he wasn't opposed to getting a pilot program started in the next month. I wasn't expecting results that fast, let me tell you. This is very exciting.

Well, I should probably get back to the pile of claims issues on my desk to fix. Grr.

Peace out, homies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home