endeavors

Monday, May 01, 2006

Why I love Coldtowne Heroes

It was originally a troupe of 8. They had talked about applying to festivals, but they all had jobs and lives and stuff. Then Hurricane Katrina hit and they were scattered. Five ended up in Texas, and eventually Austin. Now they are doing improv full time.

The past few weeks have been filled with re-evaluation of what's important to me and what I want to do. I look at Coldtowne and they are this amazing troupe with great connection, fabulous group mind, and full-blown trust. If you have that, why would you leave? Secretly, I was hoping my move to LA wouldn't work out so I could come back to PHX. Because I didn't want to leave The Remainders. The more I thought about it, the bigger of a red flag that was. If I don't want to leave, then why am I? And (I said this last year to a few people) I believe 2006 is going to be a huge year for improv in Phoenix. And I want to be a part of it. I already was with PIF 5. Now The Remainders are going to take over Casa Grande! We've talked more about touring. There's a festival in Austin we're going to apply for. IO West wants us to do a show! I mean, this is it!

So, who knows what will happen. But I don't have to move to LA to prove anything to myself or anyone else. I'm happy where I am. I'm doing what I love with people I love. You can't get much better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home