endeavors

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Evil Car Wash

OK, so a few month ago I went to a manual car wash because my name is Stingy McStingerson and I am cheap. Why spend $7 getting it washed by machines when you can spend a buck-seventy-five doing it yourself? This is my train of thought. So I put two dollars into the token machine and am immediately annoyed. It's $1.75. I now have a twenty-five cent token that I need to use. Hmm. So I put in the 7 tokens and I get 3 minutes and 30 seconds. I am furiously washing my car, but, alas, my time runs out. Now I have to put two more dollars in to continue with the soaping and scrubbing. Then my time runs low, so I put in some more change. I am up to $5.75 and sweaty and annoyed. I could have put that into the machine and had it all done for me whilst enjoying my lovely air conditioning.

I have a token left over. This I vow to use again. Because as I was finishing with the pressure washer(the only good thing about the ordeal), I notice a stop button. So my deductive reasoning says, "Hey, I bet next time if you turn the knob to stop, your time will freeze and you will truly only spend $1.75." So I decide to give it another go.

Well, after one weekend driving to Coachella, and the next to Sedona, my car is covered in bug guts. I go to the car wash; old token in hand. I make change, and come back to my station. I leisurely spray my car first with water, then switch it to soap. Then I move the switch to "off". Well, the water stops shooting out of the hose, but my time sure keeps going. WHAT?!! YOU SONS OF...AARRGGGHHHHH!!

Now I am thoroughly pissed off and am trying to wash my car as fast as possible. I have to put in another two dollars to finish it and rinse. I officially hate this car wash.

The most ironic thing? The sign just says "Car Wash", but it has a little devil in front of it. That is certainly not false advertising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home