endeavors

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I am April Fool's-ing my body. By not sleeping. I've decided that it's pointless to go to bed now. I would waste the whole day, and I have to go to Glendale to drop off my bike, and Michael and I are going to see a movie. So may as well shower and pretend like I'm waking up for the first time. I got in my car to come home when my alarm would normally go off.

Unrelated: The internet is cool. But first: Back in college we would go to Canada every year for the Stratford Festival. The most amazing theater you will ever see. There was one show, Elizabeth Rex, that really moved me. I think I've posted about it before. Anyway, the girls I was with humored me by hanging out after the show was over, because I really wanted to tell the lead how fabulous I thought she was. When I am really moved by people, I like to let them know. Thursday night (I almost typed "last night" because I haven't slept) at the show, I severely enjoyed the percussionist. As is obvious by my homage below. At first when he sat at his drum set, I thought, cool, he's in clown make up. Nice touch. It added to the ambiance. Then he got on stage a couple of times to play. And for some reason, that just blew me away. Normally the musicians are separated from the show. Detached, almost. But not with Cirque. Because it's just That. Cool. Well, he is an amazing percussionist. To be fair, everyone in Cirque is amazing. Hello...the whistler?!! How is that humanly possible??! But Kit was the closest and so I really wanted to relay the message that Corteo blew my mind. Which brings us back to why the internet is cool: I was able to look him up and send him an email. Yeah, so it's not quite the same as in person, but the message is the same. And that's what's important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home