endeavors

Friday, January 20, 2006

Movie Review: House of Flying Daggers

I did not like this movie. Yes, there were some beautiful scenes (The Echo Game), but the story was LAME. And it was by the same guy who did Hero, which I LOVE with all my heart and soul (go see that movie. it rocks). Hero was more visually gorgeous and had a much better story. HoFD had a crappy story. And the end all of the sudden there's snow. I watched the DVD extras and they got this huge snow storm and it would have cost too much and taken too much time to melt it all. So they just filmed this final fight scene with the fist half in an open field in fall, then with snow. And they digitally added the storm, which looked really fake. I was so mad when the movie ended. I watched the last hour with Molly, and when a scene faded to black, my exact words were:

"Please don't let this be the end of the movie."

The credits began to roll. I groaned. It was sort of a love triangle story, but there wasn't enough character development. I didn't care about any of them. And you don't even know it's supposed to be a love triangle story until the dumb movie ends and there's nothing else. "Oh, so I guess this isn't about the resistance or overthrowing an evil ruler, which is what it seemed going into it."

Grr. Grr I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home