endeavors

Monday, January 23, 2006

I just opened perhaps the most thoughtful gift I've ever received. First, the t-shirt. I was the tetherball queen in my elementary school. As a third grader I was slaughtering the fourth grade boys. Tonight at rehearsal I even made a tetherball reference. So I got a blue (my favorite color) shirt with a tetherball pole that says, "Wanna play me?" Rock on!

Next, the Lego person. As a kid I used to lock myself in the guestroom for hours and listen to music and put Legos together. The more complex, the better. As an adult, one of my dad's favorite stories to tell was when he helped me put together a rediculous computer desk. He took one look at the (literally) 200 page instruction manual and felt completely hopeless. I looked at it and said, "Oh, this is just like Legos!" I blew his mind that day. The other thing I love is Buffy. I am now the proud owner of a Buffy Lego person. I was showing Molly, and she asked when they started making Lego Buffys. No, this was hand-made. The hair was totally painted, the lips were painted, even the little stakes were carved.

I am so lucky. As silly and as small as these gifts may seem, they are so stinkin' thoughful! And my favorite ones to date. They even make up for the fact that I *still* don't own season 7. Which, if you know me, is saying something huge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home