endeavors

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Yesterday's shows were so great, especially considering the circumstances going into them. I spent the entire day on the couch in front of the tv trying to summon the will to get up. I have a cold and generally feel miserable. Looking at the lineup, I knew there would be enough people to cover the 10 o'clock in case I couldn't make it the entire night. But I thought I'd go and give it a shot, even though what I really wanted to do was stay holed up in my room. The 8 o'clock was supposed to have 7 people & a director, then we were adding an 8th for the 10 o'clock. Well, things didn't go exactly as planned.

Liz and Matt S were sick, so they stayed home. Ben was a no call/no show. Now, he always lets me know if he's going to be late or miss rehearsal or something, so I was a little worried when he hadn't contacted anyone. At about 7:30 I called him to make sure he was okay. Well, apparently he never got the email for the lineups, so he didn't even realize he was in the show. Luckily, He was able to make it just before 8. As we're trying to hammer out the details of how we're going to do a sold out show with a small cast, some head-butting went on. So the vibe was a little off right before lights.

But then the show killed. I think because we were all hyper-aware that we needed to really pull together, it worked. My alltimefavorite game is nightmare, and I asked if we could do that as one of the games. It ended up being my favorite scene. The guy who interviewed us was with a group of 53, and they loved it! A new edit was invented that really works for the dream sequence. It was sort of a peel-away.

I ended up sticking around for the 10 o'clock, which was also really great! Even though I didn't get to bed until close to 2, I was so happy I did the shows. Sometimes when I get in these hermit moods, I get discouraged about everything. It was nice to end the day on such an up note.

Now I am off to bed to nurse this cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home