endeavors

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Holy No Sleep, Batman. I am running on empty. Thursday I went to see the L3 JesterZ show and a few of us went out afterwards. I'm not a drinker, but it was way past my bedtime. I got home around midnight and Paul called. He was out with work friends and wanted me to come get him. Which would have meant me driving to Chandler to pick him up, Tempe to get his car, then back to Phoenix for bed. Normally when he calls I don't mind being the DD at all. But this was a school night and I had to be up in less than 6 hours. All of that driving would have equalled at least another 1.5 hrs. So I made him stay at his friend's. Friday I got all dolled up to go out with the ladies of the JesterZ. Now, not to sound like a complete lonely loser, but I don't really have that many friends out here. There's one person at work I've hung out with, but now she has a baby (the cutest!) and a family and everything. I love Paul and stuff, but I think it's important to have other friends. To not have your significant other be your sole purpose in life. Plus I love everyone in the JesterZ so much. They remind me of my college friends sans school. So to hang with some awesome ladies was much fun! We went out to dinner then to a resort where we were going to kareoke, something I've never done. Well, I don't count the one song on a cruise ship with my parents. Anyway, the bar was closed, but there was some live music (something latin with those ladies who stomp their feet) and the resort was to-die-for gorgeous. Someone jokingly said we should rent a room and party there some time. I think that is the best idea. They had all these pools with cool little grottos and such. Anyway, we ended up at this bar called the Sandbar. We danced and drank and had a ball. I was on my way home when I realized I forgot to close my tab. See, I was walking a girl out to her car and was planning to go back inside. But I guess everyone was ready to go, so they brough my purse and we left. I have to go back up there tonight and pick up the card before heading off to a JesterZ L4 performance. Paul was going to come with me, but he is at the store cleaning. Which is fine, because I'm becoming good friends with a cool chika named Michelle and she'll be at the show. Then tomorrow we're heading out to my aunt and uncle's place b/c my parents are in town for a week. We're going to have brunch then watch a baseball game. Needless to say, I will not be out late tonight. I am hella tired and have a long day tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot. I have officially finished Alias! I have been watching the first three years on DVD from Netflix (the greatest invention on the planet), and today I watched the last episode of Season 3. Now I can start tackling the 12 weeks I've saved on TiVo (the second greatest invention on the planet).

Two more things. One: I got to play air hockey last night!!! I haven't played since Skateworld in the 8th grade. I beat Tom and Dave (because I am the best and super-competitive). It was much more fun to play Tom. We used two pucks at once, which is really hard. My martini and double shot of rum did not help. Two: I love Tom. He's an L4 I got to know a little last night. I'd like to hang out with him more. I remember he did a skit when I first started and mentioned Linux. I laughed and he said he liked me since I knew what that was. Also, he did a killer impression of a humming bird. I think I may kidnap him and keep him in my closet.

For real, this is the last thing. I have to head to Scottsdale to get my stupid card if I want to make the show. I looked all cute last night with my new pants, new purse, and drag-queen shoes (which turned my right pinky toe into a ginormous blister). We went to the theater to drop off leftovers and I had to pee. The bathroom is in the back and the guys were still getting notes up front. Brandy said when I walked out of the bathroom over to where the girls were in the corner, everyone watched me. Which was a fun ego boost since most of the time I feel very non-sexy 'cause I'm such a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home