endeavors

Thursday, February 19, 2004

This has been an amazingly crazy week.

Monday I got promoted. That includes a 50 cent pay increase. Someone at work sent an email that accused my supervisor of discrimination.

Tuesday a girl got fired. Then there was a huge investigation into this email and several of us were interviewed at HR. It turned out that there was nothing to that email, however a lot of stuff came out about my supervisor. Many people do not like her and they finally had a forum to vent. I never had a problem with her. So that made me sad. That afternoon I had my first audition through my agent. P.S. I'm on their website. www.frbagency.com. It went well. I had one sentence. "Thanks to Ashworth College, I own my own business." I met Paul for a late lunch afterwards, and then spent the rest of the afternoon thinking of better ways I could have said that sentence. The casting director said I'd hear by the next day.

Wednesday the girl who sent the email got fired. She had also mentioned how much she hated this job and as soon as she found a new one, she'd be gone. They took that as a resignation and I had to clean out her desk. My supervisor came in to work crying to her manager, who told her to go home. Later in the day I was told my supervisor would be on administrative leave for the rest of the week and that myself and the other team lead would be in charge. I did not hear from the casting director. The OC was fantastic. Angel was hysterical.

Thursday I found out they are cancelling Angel. Last year Buffy, and now this. I will not even go in to how outraged I am. That morning I was told my supervisor will most likely be resigning Friday. I'm going in to tan when I see that I've missed a call on my drive home. It is my agent making sure I have all the info for Sunday's shoot. I rush home to check my email, but there is nothing. So I think I may have the part, but I'm not sure. If I do, it's a national ad, but a buyout, so no royalties. But that's fine. It's thirty minutes of shooting (including lighting setup) for one sentence for three seconds for $150. Paul calculated that to $600,000/year. I countered with, yes, or this is the only job for three months. Friends was funny. We watched The Salton Sea. "Thanks for not laughing at me." Damn good movie. I heard about my dad. The Cleveland Clinic is not treating him well and his cardiologist is furious. So they may go to Texas for the operation. But he's holding up well. Talked with zha about many things, including the number 9. It's a single digit with a square root. Multiply 9 by any number, then add the digits of the answer = 9. Example: 9 x 478 = 4302. 4 + 3 + 0 + 2 = 9. It's and odd number, but not a prime.

I wonder what Friday will bring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home