endeavors

Saturday, November 16, 2002

Thank you.

I needed to be reminded. I had forgotten. About what the woman who had lost her husband said. About what Ptoghyknoe said. And how Amy never spoke, she just hugged me and sobbed. About what my dad told me outside of Chili's. I had forgotten. On purpose? My self destructive mode was at a height at the end of the week. Then you called. And tears rolled down my face as we spoke. Just like they're doing now. I had given up. And maybe it hasn't changed. Maybe I'm kidding myself. But I'm going to try again. Just like I always do. But I'm getting older. And my life is changing. Even though it feels immoble. And I'll go on. And wake up tomorrow refreshed. Remembering why I wanted to do this in the first place. And not think about what everyone says when they hear my dreams. Because they're my dreams, dammit! Not yours. It's not for you to fail. It's for me to attempt. And if things don't work out exactly the way I planned, so what? Nothing ever does. I'm not the one in control here. And neither are you. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are. But I don't want to die today. I want to continue.

So. Thank you for being of The Reminding.

And thank you for your inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home