endeavors

Sunday, July 21, 2002

Let me tell you a secret about girls. We are way more insecure than we let you think. If a girl you are dating asks you what your exs look like, answer her honestly (lying is bad), but--just to let you know--she will never forget. It's not a competition thing. I mean, you broke up with these girls for a reason. It's just to see how we measure up (which, after re-reading that sentence still sounds like a competition thing. You'll just have to trust me. It's not.). See, if you dated dogs, and we were hot, we would be fine. Because in the back of our mind, we are always secretly wondering what would happen if you met someone hotter than us. What keeps you with us in the first place? Physical attraction is definitely part of it. But then you get past that and actually really like the other person for who they are. However, we are always afraid that you will find someone better. Maybe we shouldn't ask in the first place. Actually, that would be best. Then we would never know and never feel self conscious when we're naked. But that's not the way the world works, and girls will always ask guys what their exs looked like. I, unfortunately, have fallen into that trap. And have felt insecure since then. The Boy has dated hot girls with great bodies. It's not like I'm not cute, but my body just doesn't look the way it used to. I think if I wasn't an actor, I would be fine with it, but I am so I'm not. And I know The Boy likes me for who I am (I'm not that big of a moron), and also happens to think I'm cute, but sometimes I wish we could not see each other for a month. And I would get back into shape. With other boys I've dated, I haven't felt this way. But with this one. I don't know. I'm a dork. So, I'm having all of these issues, and not telling anyone about them, when Tosh and I talk today. And she tells me how Brian and her talked about me last night. And even though they are my friends and that was kind of weird, it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Speaking of weird, The Boy and I ran into Foxy Boy at the coffee shop yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home