endeavors

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Words you never want to hear from your mechanic, no matter how awesome he is and no matter if he charges you 1/2 price for labor and one of the parts b/c he likes you and knows this is going to be a lot of money:

"Come outside. We need to talk about your car."

I've been really lucky with my car. My battery lasted the entire time in AZ, which is almost unheard of. The sun and heat usually kill batteries in 3 years. Mine lasted over 5. Before I went on the bit trip with The Remainders a few years ago, I had all of my fluids flushed and a tune up and everything. Last year I bought new brakes. So, other than the normal wear and tear, it's been smooth sailin'. Today I was informed my struts are shot. I just drove 800 miles in 2 days and my car pretty much shouldn't have been on the road. He showed me the damage that was already starting on the T-frame. Struts should be changed around 50-60K. I'm at 131K and this is the first I've had to deal with them. They get checked every oil change. So, again, I've been fortunate with my car. I also still have a line of credit from the shocks and he's going to give me 1 year no interest, but it's going to be $1400. I was literally on the phone 5 minutes before with zha talking about how I really want to have my credit card paid off before I move to Austin.

So, some changes are going to have to be made. No going out. No dinners. No bar tabs. Certain things I've already planned: Tosha this weekend, lunch/movie with Stef next week, Disney with Faith and fam the day after Thanksgiving. But I'm gonna have to tighten my belt on the rest. And focus on work. I've been slacking off (plus the system's been down and I've had computer problems) for the past month. So both of those things combined have left me with small pay checks.

On top of all of that, I'm super unhappy out here. I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm starting to feel the way I felt my last year in OH. Anxious. Ready to go. And yesterday at one of my meetings I got some not good news about my audits. I'm officially on verbal warning and have 30 days to improve my quality. The thing is, it's not because I'm going too fast and am making typographical mistakes. It's because I've been told one thing by one person and the procedure is something else. There was a specific time my supervisor backed me up, but audit came back and denied the appeal. It's all been very frustrating b/c I was never trained on this product. I'm self-taught. I told them I'd be more than willing to come in for a week or whatever they wanted for training. Being the competitive perfectionist I am, I haven't been happy with my audit scores, anyway. I love my job. I hope to keep it for the rest of my life. This is just one more stress I don't need at the moment.

Sorry for this to be such a whiny post, but a lot of crap has happened in the past 24 hours. Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home