endeavors

Monday, May 26, 2008

It's sad when relationships change. I had a good friend move away a while ago. We kept in touch a bit at first. But lately it's been all on my end with no response. Emails go unanswered. Phone calls go unreturned. I know he moved back home to take care of family stuff, and it's not the best situation. And I know that sometimes it's nice to know someone is thinking about you, even if you can't respond. Sometimes, though, it's simply annoying. Like: hello, I'm not returning your stuff on purpose. So, I guess I'm going to stop. Not out of spite or meanness or anything. Just out of I don't want to be That Girl.

This weekend I spent a lot of time in his old neighborhood. A friend who was in town was staying literally 2 blocks away from his old apartment. And a few times I wanted to pick up the phone and say, hey, I'm driving by your old haunts and was thinking about you and just wanted to say hi and I hope you're well. But I didn't.

I miss my friend. I hope we get a chance to hang out when I go back in August, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home