endeavors

Thursday, July 06, 2006

So, I've got bad news about telecommuting...it's not gonna happen this year. The program is working so well that the four people at home are doing all of the work. They don't have enough claims to justify a fifth person going home. At the end of this quarter they are going to reassess their position, and I am number one on the list to telecommute. But it won't be for a while.

A main reason I want to work from home is that I don't necessarily want to live in L.A., but I want to study at IO West. I already had the email practically written that I was going to send my LA friends proposing a sweet deal. I would need a place to stay one night a week, they would get cash and a meal. I was even looking at surfboards on craig's list. As a planner, I had it all figured out. Drive up super early, surf all day, class at night, crash on couch, surf next day, drive home in evening. And now I have to wait. More. Which is good in my perpetual struggle with patience. Plus I get a buck more to go to a different department. So that's good. And there's always the weekends. If I get too ocean-hungry, I can always drive up on a Friday afternoon and hang out til Sunday. In fact, I was going to do that last weekend, it just didn't work out. Well, Hagrid and I were emailing about my sadness, and this last one from him made me smile:

"Da Nile aint just a river in Egypt, that's all I'm saying. Once you start going to L.A. regularly you'll be like, I met this guy named Rosco who is totally into spurlunking and astrology and he has perfect teeth.

It's a premonition."

Thank you, Hagrid. Oh, and I am a sucker for terrific teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home