endeavors

Sunday, July 04, 2004

I have done something for myself that I'm really excited about. I have a personal trainer. Tuesday will be my fourth session with him, and I'm sore as hell. I've never lifted weights before--I'm more of a cardio girl. But I was feeling stuck and needed to do something about it. I got a sweet deal where they gave me 5 sessions free. So for the first five weeks I go two times. After that, it's down to once a week unless I want to buy extra sessions. My trainer, Cem (pronounced Jim--which is funny if you've every seen Dennis Leary's stand up), is also a physiotherapist. Basically, I have no cartilage in my knees and they're really loose, so he's going to help me build up my legs to stabalize the kneecaps.

In other news, Paul has never had a massage before, and Friday is his birthday. So I set up an appointment for today for the both of us. I used to get them regularly in Ohio, but since I've moved out here, money has been a little tight. Since January I've been working a lot of overtime and in September I'm supposed to get a raise, so I'm going to try to have a massage about once a month. I'm very excited because I did arms and shoulders yesterday and am very sore.

At the end of July I'm going to take a class online for medical terminology. There are going to be claims analyst jobs opening up where I work, and they make a lot more money. Plus, I'm a team lead, which means I'm in charge of other people. I have to train and keep track of everyone's productivity numbers. I like it a lot, don't get me wrong, but if I moved out here to focus on acting, I should do that. Our company participates in an ozone saving program. You can work 4-10 hour days to save gas and the environment. I am not allowed to do that because of my position. I would be able to if I were a claims analyst. Plus some of them telecommute. I would never have to worry about missing work for audtions. I would be able to leave at any time, as long as I eventually made up my 8 hours sometime that day.

In the middle of August I begin an improv class, which I'm pumped about! Paul and I went to see their show (The Jesterz) after two of the actors came to a class I was taking. The show was so much fun, and very clean. On Fridays at 10, $5 gets you in the door and you get to play. I'm going to try to get a group of people together for that soon.

Well, that's the official update on my life. Everyone have a safe and fun Fourth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home