endeavors

Monday, April 14, 2008

The past couple of days at the gym have been fun. Yesterday I was headed towards the freeweights area and was trying to figure out if Weighlifter Dude was going for the same bench as me. Then I realized it was Ben Siemon! He didn't see me, and he was headed for the 30 lb dumbbells. His head was turned slightly away (so as not to make actual eye contact with any other gym attendees), and I came up behind him and said in a super snotty voice, "Uh, I was going to use those." He says, "Oh, sorry," very politely and hurries away. I then have to chase after him to make sure he knows I'm not just some dick weightlifter. Laughter and sweaty hugs ensue.

Today I was doing my little spinning routine in the bike room. I listen to my ipod very loudly. A woman comes in and uses a bike on the other side of the room. I have no glasses or contacts on/in, so I can't really see her. Plus I'm super focused. Anyway, she starts talking...making noises...doing something which I think is directed towards me. I look at her in the mirror and she's looking at me. I hit pause to see if she's trying to get my attention. Turns out she's just a loud grunter when she spins.

Odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home